Travel Grant Applications
Travel grants applications are welcome for excellent students and postdoc, and the deadline is April 1st. The selection results will be available by email to all applicants in the May.
The travel grants will be supported by the China Soil Microbiome Initiative (CSMI) for young scientists to attend the GSBC2.
1. Asia: 250 US dollars (around 1700 RMB)
2. Rest of the World: 750 US dollars (around 5000 RMB)
The travel grants include two types
1. Student Grants. Master or Ph.D students currently engaged in research toward a higher degree
2. Postdoctoral Grants. Young researchers currently holding a PostDoc position for no more than 3 years (counting from 18 October of 2017)
Please note that (I) the applicant must be the first and presenting author of an abstract submitted to the GSBC2 conference; (II) winning a Travel Grant does not necessarily guarantee an oral talk for your submitted abstract; (III) the travel grants will be distributed during the GSBC2 conferences.
Applications for "The GSBC2 Travel Grants" should include:
1. Applicants name and full contact details (full work address, phone number, email address)
2. Gender, age and nationality
3. Supportive statement from current supervisor
4. Personal statement why you believe the Committee should select you for an award
5. Copy of submitted abstract
6. All application documents should be in a pdf file format, and it should be less than 4 pages including 1 page for the abstract, 1 page for a personal statement, and 1 page for the supervisor motivation.
7. The file name should be "Surname_Firstname_TravelApp.pdf", and please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject title “Travel grant application” .